Get a car insurance in minutes

  • RAC members pay 19% less on average when buying direct*
  • 5-star Defaqto rating on RAC Car Insurance Plus
  • Voted Car Insurance Provider of the Year 2022 by Moneyfacts

Car Insurance

RAC Car Insurance covers you if your car is damaged, vandalised, stolen or catches fire. We find customers our most competitive car insurance quotes from our panel of selected insurers. With our standard car insurance, you can choose from three different types of cover – comprehensive, third party fire and theft, and third party only. Our RAC Car Insurance Plus is 5-star rated from Defaqto and we’ve been voted Car Insurance Provider of the Year 2023.

Do I need car insurance?

Motorists in the UK are required by law to have valid car insurance. Driving without car insurance is illegal and could lead to a fine, penalty points or disqualification. If you’re involved in any kind of road accident, car insurance can protect you, your vehicle and other road users by providing financial compensation to cover the costs of any damage or injuries. There are three main types of car insurance – comprehensive, third party fire and theft, and third party only.

What type of car insurance do I need?

The minimum legal requirement is third party car insurance. However, this doesn’t cover the potentially high costs of repairing any damage to your car. It also doesn’t cover you if your vehicle is stolen or damaged in a fire. Comprehensive car insurance gives you the highest cover, and protects against damage to your own vehicle, even if you’re to blame for the accident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *